Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday again

This weekend was a bust.  Granted, I did better on steps than I have any other weekends, but I still only managed about 2500-3000/day.  And I sucked on water consumption too.  But in my defense, I ate something Friday night that didn't agree with me.  Thought I was ok on Saturday, until I ate and drank.  WRONG!  Rinse and repeat on Sunday.  I drank a Dr. Pepper and wow.  Not a good thing.  So, I spent most of those two days in bed, or just relaxing, and not drinking.  Every time I drank, it was back to the bathroom.

I did make my 5000 steps M-F though, and I'm proud of that.  This week's goal is to get the 5000 steps in before leaving work at 6.  Plus tomorrow morning, I'm meeting a friend at the gym.  I'm hoping for a mile on the treadmill. It has been months, so I'm not expecting to do much more than that, but at least it will be a start - a set distance at a set speed.  Plus I love an incline, so that works me harder too.  Hoping to make it a daily thing - in addition to other working out. 

I found some great kettlebell workouts on Youtube. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/RyanShanahan

I am hoping to try the arm/shoulder one sometime this week with my 5lb kettlebell.  Since the next option up is 10lbs, I think I'll stick with the 5 for everything but kettlebell swings (2-handed), and maybe I'll go up to 10 on the squats too.  But my arms are puny.  Not in size - they are HUGE - but in strength.  I really need to work on that.  I'm still waiting for BeachBody's Cize video to come out.  I really think I'll like it, and I want to get it!

Well, that's my story!  What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment