Thursday, June 18, 2015

New "Year", New Blog

The time has come.  I am a plus size girl, and I turn 48 next week.  I need to get serious about getting in shape and getting healthy.  My birthday "present" to myself is to have a photographer take some photos of me and help me get accurate measurements.  No, I will NOT be posting any of the photos here. But I am hoping to post changes in measurements over time.

My goals begin next week, Wednesday - my actual birthday.  My exercise goals are as follows:
1. get in at least 5000 steps a day.  Once I manage that for 2-3 weeks, I'll up the number.
2. do a video workout or go to the gym and workout 4-5 days a week
3. buy Cize from BeachBody as soon as it comes out.  It looks like a workout I'd like
4. increase my water intake. Not quite sure yet how I'll track this, but I'm going to try.
5. tracking my workouts here

I think that's a good starting point.  Once I get the exercise going well, I'll start tackling my eating habits in a serious way.

Well, there is is.

**edit to add** met my 5000 step goal today!!

2 comments:

  1. good for you!! I'm right there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I am working hard to get healthier too. Not exercise so much but eating.

    ReplyDelete